Friday, August 28, 2009

The Week in Reivew

I did not have a great start to my week. I had Depression Fest instead. Fortunately, it was short lived and I got out of bed and back on track fairly quickly.

Monday - I didn't wash on Monday. I actually did the laundry last Sunday when I spent the day in my sewing room which is right by the washing machine. Since I was sitting right there it made sense to just do the laundry.

Tuesday - still no ironing. This is going to be a tough one to get into!

Wednesday - I didn't mend, but I did sew. I guess technically I did "mend" because I started mending my sleep schedule which had been thrown out the window for Depression Fest.

Thursday - I shopped! And it was the best kind of shopping! I have the CVS discount card and I have started matching their cardholder deals to my coupons to get a better price. I won't bore you with my entire receipt, but I will share one highlight:

With my card, Rimmel mascara was buy 1 get 1 50% off. I had a $1 off coupon and a $2 off coupon. So the price was $7.69 (or something) and $3.75(ish) for the second one. By using one coupon on each item, I got two mascaras for roughly the price of one.

Hooray! I suffer from "inadequate lashes" (Brooke Shields diagnosed me) but the idea of Latisse coloring my eyes brown forever is frightening so I suffer along as best I can with only mascara.

Friday - I cleaned. Sorta. I really just picked up my messes and no one elses. This was not very kind of me, but it was all I had in me.

For Bake on Saturday, I am kicking around making baked macaroni and cheese in the new oven. I am hoping that counts. It seems only fitting that a week that started with Depression Fest end with the best combination in the world: simple carbs and baked cheese.

(Coming soon - a blog about the fact that I was not, in fact, born on Thursday. Instead of having "far to go", I am "full of grace". I don't know about that....)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Depression Fests. They are a somewhat common occurence around here too. I think they'd be easier to kick if it didn't feel so perversely good to wallow for a while.

    ReplyDelete