Thursday, August 20, 2009

Churn, Baby, Churn......

There was no churning today. Scratch that. There WAS churning today but it was all internal. I'll spare you the details, but it appears that my "system" doesn't care to have me throw seared tuna at it three nights in a row. This is really too bad because I LOVE tuna served up nice and raw, preferably with some "Remi" sauce. That's a sauce that Remi McManus taught us to make with soy, sesame oil and that spicey red chili sauce that I can't spell or say. Srirachi???

There was no buying either, even though that is my substitute for churning. I decided that the last thing my belly needed was fiber so I didn't bother with spinach for a salad. And since our 30 year old copper brown stove finally died, I won't have an oven for "Bake on Saturday". No chocolate chips needed. I am thinking of experimenting with crock pot baking. Apparently you can bake some bread pudding kinds of things in them. We shall see what we shall see.

I've been thinking of a lot of old fashioned experiments I can try and use to fuel my blog. I read today about "no poo", which sounds really appealing considering the aforementioned tuna-induced tummy issue. It actually refers to not using shampoo. Apparently you rotate between baking soda scalp scrubs and cider vinegar rinses. After your scalp gets used to the idea that it doesn't have to over-produce oil because you aren't stripping the natural oil with shampoo, things settle down and you have fabulously healthy hair.

I'm not entirely sold yet, partially because some of the crowd that advocates this believe that shampoo is giving you cancer through your skin. I'm not so sure about that conspiracy theory. But it does sound intriguing and since I work from home, I could plan to do this when I won't be traveling anyway and can wait out the oil glands in my scalp.

Up for tomorrow is Clean on Friday. This should be pretty easy. I usually clean on Saturday and since everyone pitches in, it really isn't too bad to get this place into decent shape. It may take a little extra elbow grease this week since we're coming off of a bunch of houseguests last weekend, but all in all, it shouldn't be bad. I'm excited that moving my cleaning to Friday night should leave my Saturday wide open for more pleasant activities. It's not like I was doing much on Friday night anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment