Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Impossible Dream

It's becoming apparent that this whole "realign my life to match the poem" thing is not realistic.

Monday: it's a busy day at work and while I can *technically* step away from the desk now and then to throw a load of wash in, I just haven't found the rhythym yet.

Tuesday: I hate to iron. Simple as that. It's not about the day, it's about the hate.

Wednesday: This is the ONE day that is working for me! Only I'm not technically mending, I'm just sewing/crafting. We're not really that hard on our clothes and there's really not any mending that needs to be done on a weekly basis.

Thursday: I guess there are actually two days that work. I can ALWAYS find a reason to shop.

Friday: This is basically working, but mostly because of summer hours and the ability to be away from the desk in the afternoon.

Saturday: I baked macaroni and cheese last week, but that's it. The truth is that we really don't need baked goods around here. We're having enough trouble correcting our food habits lately and I don't need to make it worse on us.

Sunday: I'm pretty good at resting, thanks to "sloth" being my fave of the 7 Deadlies.

Well, when I look at it like that, I guess I'm not so far off as I thought! What really didn't work was the week I traveled for work. Maybe it's worth giving this another go before I say "impossible".

No comments:

Post a Comment