Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dear Quilting

My Dearest Quilting -

How did we never meet until now? I have been avoiding you for years, sensing deep inside that you were nothing but trouble. How could I have been so wrong? It seems we were made for each other.

Everything about you is tailor-made for me! In order to sucessfully quilt, I will have to build a stash of fabric. Hoarding? Did someone say hoarding? Why as a matter of fact, compulsive hoarding is a symptom of OCD. I wonder if reducing my meds would help me to be a better hoarder and therefore a better quilter? I get to save even the smallest scrap because it "could" be useful at some point.

Then there are all the skills that are required to make a beautiful quilt. I need to be precise in my cutting. I need to be perfect in my seam allowances. Don't forget the rules about color tone! If there is one thing I love, it's a rule that leads to perfection. If I can master the color rules, I can create a beautifully perfect quilt!

And most of all, above all else, UFOs are allowed. Apparently, UFO means UnFinished prOject. If there is ONE thing in this world I am good at, it is getting way excited about a new project, working hard at it initially, then getting really bored really fast and stuffing it into the craft closet half-finished to languish for years....nay, decades.

So, my dear quilting, I believe we'll be seeing a lot of each other in the near future. But don't get too attached. Felting has been batting her lashes at me of late and I can hear the siren-song of beading off in the distance.

Stitchingly Yours -

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment